Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Reading Impression: CassaDawN by Alex J. Cavanaugh

Dear Readers,

today is publishing day of CassaDawn [Kindle ASIN: B01M8JNF3Y] by Alex J. Cavanaugh, a short story set in the Cassa universe.
I don't know how often I praised the excellent  Cassa trilogy [Kindle ASIN: B00ZAP5PV4].

I have had the pleasure to read and enjoy CassaDawN a while ago and today I finally can share my thoughts about it with you in form of following reading impression.

For me it is a challenge to talk about a short story without giving away too much.

The missing piece in the Cassa series !

I read CassaStaR, CassaFirE, CassaStorM and liked them a lot like many other people.

I was not aware of the fact that there was a missing piece.
It rested in my subconsciousness until the copy of CassaDawN arrived.

This prequel is the perfect gift for all fans of the Cassa series
AND
it is the perfect appetizer for potential Cassa series readers.

I started to read CassaDawN and thought I know what will happen because I read the series.

But I did not know how it happened and that is what CassaDawN delivers in an excellent and matchless way. Far too fast I reached the end despite I slowed down myself and consumed it word by word.

The atmosphere of the Cassa series is breathing through the whole story.
It just sucked me in and I wanted to get more and more of it ... Fortunately the Cassa series is out there.
Enter the world of Cosbolt pilots and navigators.
Get fascinated by breathtaking space flight maneuver.
Get to know young Byron fixated on one aim, wearing invisible blinders.
Get emotionally touched in a future where friendship, honesty, fidelity, respect and love are still highly valued. 

CassaDawN is without any doubt one of the best arguments why you either should read the Cassa series
OR
to get the missing peace as a fan of the series.


From Star to Fire to Storm and now we have Dawn to start with.
CassaDawN - When the title match the story perfectly!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thank you, Edi! Glad it met your expectations.

ediFanoB said...

Again you did a great job Alex!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...