Sunday, August 23, 2015

Edi's Impression: Dragon's Destiny by Alex J. Cavanaugh

Dear Readers,

what to write about a short story which fits perfectly to a book? I thought about it and this is my conclusion.


First  there was light .... oops.
Please apologise.

First there was the brilliant
THE CASSA TRILOGY

It all started with  CassaStaR (October 19th,2010) [ISBN-13: 978-0981621067] by Alex J. Cavanaugh.  I presented my review on October 17th 2010.

 On December 21st 2011, I presented my review of CassaFirE (February 28th, 2012, pb, 240 p.) [ISBN-13: 978-0982713945] by Alex J. Cavanaugh.

On September 17th 2013, I presented  my review of CassaStorM (September 17th, 2013) [Print ISBN-13: 978-1939844002] [E-book ISBN-13: 978-1939844019] by Alex J. Cavanaugh.


I think each review shows how much I love this series. In case you still have not read the trilogy or you would like to get all  three books in one digital copy then you should read following information.

CassaSeries by Alex J. Cavanaugh  ISBN 9781939844118,  Price - $5.99 eBook boxed set Science fiction/adventure (FIC028010) and science fiction/space opera (FIC028030)


With his first standalone science fiction novel Dragon of the Stars (7th April 2015)  [Kindle ASIN: B00S0DPUYU]  Alex J. Cavanaugh opened a new chapter which tried to describe in my review.

I have had a pleasure to present a guest post written by the author himself on publishing day.
wrote about the secret power of the book - the power of love - which is an unusual science fiction theme.

Dragon of the Stars definitely has an end. But the future of sever characters remain uncertain. It was up to the reader to imagine how the story would continue.

No one knew which way Alex J. Cavanaugh would choose for his characters until 17th of August 2015 .....
On that specific day you could read following statement on the author's site



Dragon’s Destiny!

At the request of Truedessa, I have written a short story that takes place after Dragon of the Stars.

This short story is available for free to anyone who has read Dragon of the Stars! Just send me an email (alexjcavanaugh AT earthlink.com), tell me what happens to Aden at the end of Dragon of the Stars, and tell me what format you want – ePub, Mobi, or PDF file.

Thanks to everyone who has read Dragon of the Stars! It still amazes and humbles me. To think I never even wanted to be an author...



My first thought when I read the news was:
"Incredible! Alex J. Cavanaugh is an author who loves his readers!"
I can't remember a similar action by an other author.

Even I was happy with the official end of  Dragon of the Stars, I was totally curious which path Alex J. Cavanaugh would take.
Without spoiling I can admit that Dragon's Destiny fits perfectly to Dragon of the Stars.
You need to know the bittersweet end of the Dragon of the Stars in order to fully understand and appreciate what Alex J. Cavanaugh did with Dragon's Destiny.Without change of the style he shifted the perspective of the main characters into something promising.
I would not go that far to say that it is the perfect end for those readers who prefer a kind of happily ever after. But it definitely soften the end of Dragon of the Stars.

I thought about the future of the main characters after I finished Dragon of the Stars.
For me there have been several options - in fact I thought there would be enough content for a sequel.
Nevertheless I'm thankful with the way Alex J. Cavanaugh opted. To give his readers a choice between two options offered by himself.
For me he just put in words one of the possibilities I was thinking of by myself.

Now it is up to the readers to choose. I go for the option Dragon of the Stars + Dragon's Destiny  + my own thoughts.

Thank you Alex J. Cavanaugh for excellent additional free content.

Let me finish with a proposal. Wouldn't it be nice to add Dragon's Destiny as an extra to Dragon of the Stars.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you liked the way I continued the story and the direction it took.
Adding to the end of the book - brilliant idea. I will check with my publisher.
Thanks again for the kind words and for being a devoted fan. I wouldn't have kept writing if not for readers like you.
You rock!

Zoltán Gecse said...

I should buy and read Dragon of the Stars first...

ediFanoB said...

Hi Alex,
well done. Glad you like my idea.
I look forward to your next writing project.

ediFanoB said...

Hello Zoltán,

to be honest I have to agree with you.
I hope you will enjoy Dragon of the Stars.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...