Tuesday, January 01, 2013

First Post in 2013

Dear Readers,

welcome to 2013. I hope you have had a good start.

I just take the opportunity to talk a bit about the last year and share some thoughts regarding the blog in 2013.

Regarding the blog I updated the page with the information about the blog. Furthermore I changed the format of the book statistics on the right side. Despite that I try to change my regularly review day from Sunday to Wednesday. And finally I introduce a new post category named Edi's DNF = Did Not Finish


In 2012 I read less pages but more books compared to 2011.
I sum I read 81 books which is incredible for me.
One thing I definitely missed was to have more time for reviews.

I do not have any targets for 2013 like reading 100 books and review all of them. Instead I have some dreams and I'm curious to see if one of the following dreams will come true ......

- I dream to improve my sewing knowledge
There is a reason why I read The Victorian Tailor (pb, 2011) [ISBN-13: 978-0312642334] by Jason Maclochlainn

- I dream to write and post one review per week 
Tomorrow you will read an unusual start in my reviewing year

- I dream to read all books in the Malazan Empire series within one year

I own physical copies of all the books by Steven Erikson and Ian C. Esslemont except Blood and Bone (pb, Bantam Press, December 2012;  ISBN-13: 978-0593064474) or (pb, Tor Books, May 2013; ISBN-13: 978-0765330017) by Ian C. Esslemont.

In case you plan to read the Malazan Empire series and you do not want to do it alone, then I recommend to read following post by fellow blogger Bryce L.:

You are not sure whether to read the Malazan Empire series or not?
No problem. I have the ultimate decision-making help for you.
Just read the following post by Neth:


Finally let me tell you that there are good reasons to read the books  NOT in the chronological order. I will follow the recommendation given by Adam Whitehead who is the guy behind The Wertzone:



I read the first book in the series - Gardens of the Moon - 2009. I own a hardcover of the 10th anniversary edition.
"The vast Malazan Empire simmers with discontent, its subject states bled dry by interminable warfare and clashes with Anomander Rake, Lord of Moon’s Spawn, and the mysterious Tiste Andii. Even the imperial legions, long inured to the bloodshed, yearn for some respite. Yet the Empress’ rule remains absolute, enforced by her dread Claw assassins.

For Sergeant Whiskeyjack and his cynical squad of Bridgeburners, and for Tattersail, sole surviving sorceress of the Second Legion, the aftermath of the siege of Pale should have been a time to heal the still living and mourn the many
dead. The Empress has other ideas. However, it would appear the Empire is not the only player in this great game. A more sinister, shadowbound force is poised to make its first move." [Source]

ENJOY READING

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...