Sunday, December 02, 2012

Crowdfunding for a German Steampunk Project

Dear Readers,

I think a lot of you know the crowdfunding platform kickstarter.
But there are also crowdfunding platforms in other countries.
Today I would like to inform you about a great project in Germany - for all people interested in steampunk - presented on the crowdfunding platform startnext


The steampunk scene in Germany is growing. More than 1500 people are now member of the most interactive community Rauchersalon. But that is a topic on its own.

Today I want to talk about an ambitious project:
The illustrated documentation of Steampunk Lifestyle in Germany.

I have had the pleasure to meet the inspirational gentlemen Mr. Olaf Hobbyt Heitmann. He told me in detail about his project. I found it that impressive, that I promised him to post about his project even I know that only part of my readership speak and understand German.

Mr. Hobbyt Heitmann explain his project in the following exquisite silent movie video. This time all subtitles are in German. An English version is in process.



UPDATE!!
Mr. Olaf Heitmann is a real gentlemen. He has been so kind to let me know that in the meantime the English version of the video is available too! I did not check. It seems I did not fully recover yet ...

So, if you would like to spare some change, or to support the project as a fan then visit the
Steampunk Lifestyle Project (German)
Steampunk Lifestyle Project (English)
on Startnext.

Of course you find Mr. Olaf Hobbyt Heitmann and his Steampunk Lifestyle Project on Facebook.




4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that is a really unique project idea!

ediFanoB said...

That is true Alex!

In the meantime I updated the post because the English version of the video is available.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Great idea.
Hope this takes off and grows. Thanks for the English version. hehe. :)

ediFanoB said...

Hi Rosalie,
there are many great ideas. And from time to time I like to tell my international readers what is going on in my home country.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...