Thursday, September 20, 2012

Edi's Spotlight: Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge by Rosalie Skinner


Dear Readers,

on Tuesday I explained in detail why I like Rosalie Skinner's The Chronicles of Caleath series so much. I also told you why I find it that difficult to write a full review of Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge (eBook, September 2011) which is the third book in the series.


Instead of a full review you get a shorter one which I named for myself

EDIMENT

Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge (eBook, September 2011)
[MuseItUp Publishing, AMAZON Kindle ASIN: B006M6ICTC]


Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge continues exactly where Exiled: Winter's Curse ended. This sequel is as strong as the two previous books.
Before the story continues, Rosalie Skinner delivers two goodies: A map and a minstrel who resumes the story so far. Both are quite helpful for new readers - I highly recommend to read the two previous books before - and also for fans of The Chronicles of Caleath series.


There is no upcoming routine in this book. Again Rosalie Skinner shows her talent by changing the scope of the main theme. People need hope and they need a a hero with a powerful name: The Deathbringer. But when will he return?

Be warned! There is a kind of magic in this series which meanders through all books so far. You start reading and will be banished by the story. Cleverly written with intense decriptions of emotions and tough action sometimes born out of desperation. One moment you have smile on your face and with turning the page a shiver creeps up your spine. 


Old and new characters, some of them do not fully reveal their sinister plans, a world at the brink of destruction, twist and turns, action and thoughtful passages and magic .... 

Like in the previous books the development of Caleath develops. A new episode full of temptations which lurk in the powers of the world and also in himself. Good friends are rare and doubts are as painful as torture.


Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge is a book that ends far too fast. Shall I tell you that the end is nail-biting? I'm not sure. It is no spoiler but maybe it gives a hint. Does it? I should have no doubt. The end is nail-biting when Ravine ....... Caleath!!
And the Dragon Queen ...   No way! You have to discover it on your own.


Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge is the next strong sequel in The Chronicles of Caleath series.
If you look for an emotional character who desperately tries to change from reaction to action limited to one planet with unknown continents and cultures framed in a fantasy and science fiction setting then read Exiled:Autumn's Peril and Exiled: Winter's Curse and Exiled: The Legacy of Lathraine's Pledge by Rosalie Skinner.


As most authors Rosalie Skinner is keen to read comments from her readers and also from her soon to be readers. Several ways lead to Rosalie Skinner and her magnificient The Chronicles of Caleath series:
Facebook, GOODREADS, Official Site, Blog

ENJOY READING

8 comments:

Rosalie Skinner said...

Wow, Edi, you make me blush. Now I want to read this book myself. hehe. Thanks for a great 'Ediment'.

Edith Parzefall said...

Great posts, Edi. The Chronicles of Caleath are my favorite series of fantasy combined with sci-fy. Rosalie Skinner really created a charming mix. Not much longer now until Underground will be released, or so I hope.

Zoltán Gecse said...

Great reviews (this and the previous ones), Edi! I think I'll take a try, if I'll have a little time.

ediFanoB said...

Dear Rosalie,

thank you for the kind words.
Did not know I write that convincing :-)

You made my day too!

ediFanoB said...

Hi Edith,

thank you. I will not promise a date but sooner or later you will read a review of Winder over Troubled Waters. I wish I would have more time ....

ediFanoB said...

Zoltan,

we both should have more time for reading and reviewing.
Maybe you should contact Rosalie Skinner and ask for a review copy of the first book EXILED: Autumn's Peril.
She likes to read reviews of her books ...

Rosalie Skinner said...

Zoltan, sure contact me and I would love to send you a copy of Autumn. :) Edi knows me well!

ediFanoB said...

Thank you Rosalie.

Zoltan now it us up to you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...