Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Edi's Lighthouse Chatter: Rosalie Skinner and her Chronicles of Caleath series


Dear Readers,

From today till Thursday I dedicate three posts to author Rosalie Skinner The Chronicles of Caleath series.
She deserve it because she is so incredibly patient with me.

In August 2011 I posted about how I got in contact with Rosalie Skinner.
Since then she is a regularly guest in the comment section of my blog.
Despite that I visit her blog, we exchange mails, we meet us on cyber launch parties, there is Facebook, GOODREADS ....

AND I GET A DIGITAL COPY OF EVERY BOOK IN The Chronicles of Caleath series!!!

What did I do for Rosalie Skinner so far?
I posted several times  about her books - mainly every time around the publishing date of the next book. In the meantime five of the planned eight books have been published and book six is not that far away. I read three of the five books and I reviewed Exiled:Autumn's Peril (eBook , September 2011)[Kindle ASIN: B005JU9840] [Smashwords] [MuseItUp Publishing] which is the first book in the The Chronicles of Caleath series.

That sounds a bit sad for me and needs to be changed.
Therefore I decided to do following:

Today I tell you about the reasons for these posts and share with you common information about The Chronicles of Caleath series. On Wednesday and Thursday I deliver reviews of book two and three (for title and blurb scroll down).

Now let us have a look at 


 After reading three of the eight books I can confirm that The Chronicles of Caleath series delivers a great mix of fantasy, science fiction and adventure.  And what is it all about? I think I gave an adequate description in my review of Exiled:Autumn's Peril:

"I does not take long to identify that Rosalie Skinner took known fantasy topics, put them into a mixer and added her own ideas. The result is a universe with planets somewhere and sometime. Interplanetary travels are possible.
There are worlds with advanced technology and worlds with magic and medieval flair.
The story focus on an unknown planet which is definitely a fantasy world with a medieval touch.
There is magic, communication between animals and human beings, weapons like sword, bow and crossbow. There are several continents inhabited by different cultures. The reader will visit some of them. But there is a serious problem in form of the visit of an uninvited civilization.
The main character Caleath is a very specific being. His body has been modified. There are nanobots in his blood and a kind of hard disc in his head.
The whole world seems to be the realization of a world from the virtual reality game which Caleath played in the past."


You find detailed information about each book - which includes the not published ones - on Rosalie Skinner's site. I think you should decide on your own if you want to read all the blurbs as they may contain spoilers. To follow the link just click on the book cover.

HERE WE GO:









As most authors Rosalie Skinner is keen to read comments from her readers and also from her soon to be readers. Several ways lead to Rosalie Skinner and her magnificient The Chronicles of Caleath series:
Facebook, GOODREADS, Official Site, Blog

ENJOY READING

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've seen the covers several times but hadn't picked up any of the books. I'll download the first one tonight and give it a shot.

ediFanoB said...

Hi Alex you are faster than light :-) I hope you will like it.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Thank you Edi,
Wow... thank you! You do such a wonderful job supporting so many authors it's just great to be included in your reading list. :)
Thanks for the post. I am overwhelmed. Again, you have made my day.

Wendy said...

What a lovely compliment Edi, and so well deserved Rosalie. The Chronicles of Caleath should be on the NYT bestseller list, in my opinion.

ediFanoB said...

Rosalie,

thank you for your kind words. I think I have said everything.

ediFanoB said...

Hello Wendy,

I felt the need to do that. I really hope that more people will read The Chronicles of Caleath.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Alex, if you would like copies to review, just let me know. :) I would be happy to send you a copy of Autumn if you have not yet downloaded one.

ediFanoB said...

Thank you Rosalie!

Alex, now it is up to you :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...