Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Official CassaFirE Day - Let's Party!!

TODAY IS THE DAY OF


Come one, come all and
be part of the the incredible, amazing, suprising, exuberant, entertaining, exhilarating

Catch Fire! Blog Party

which is the second stop on the two-week/ten stops blog tour for CassaFirE by Alex J. Cavanaugh !! During the ten stops blog tour you will get daily following information on the author's site:

Alex J. Cavanaugh
- Where to find the blog stop for the day -
- Daily Ninja News -
- Pop Culture Trivia -
- Random Ninja Facts -


What the hell is CassaFirE?


CassaFirE by Alex J. Cavanaugh

CassaStaR was just the beginning…

The Vindicarn War is a distant memory and Byron’s days of piloting Cosbolt fighters are over. He has kept the promise he made to his fallen mentor and friend - to probe space on an exploration vessel. Shuttle work is dull, but it’s a free and solitary existence. The senior officer is content with his life aboard the Rennather.

The detection of alien ruins sends the exploration ship to the distant planet of Tgren. If their scientists can decipher the language, they can unlock the secrets of this device. Is it a key to the Tgren’s civilization or a weapon of unimaginable power? Tensions mount as their new allies are suspicious of the Cassan’s technology and strange mental abilities.

To complicate matters, the Tgrens are showing signs of mental powers themselves; the strongest of which belongs to a pilot named Athee, a woman whose skills rival Byron’s unique abilities. Forced to train her mind and further develop her flying aptitude, he finds his patience strained. Add a reluctant friendship with a young scientist, and he feels invaded on every level. All Byron wanted was his privacy…

Available today!

Science fiction - space opera/adventure
Print ISBN 978-0-9827139-4-5, $15.95, 6x9 Trade paperback, 240 pages
EBook ISBN 978-0-9827139-6-9, $4.99, available in all formats

CassaFire is the sequel to Cavanaugh’s first book, CassaStar, an Amazon Top Ten Best Seller:

“…calls to mind the youthful focus of Robert Heinlein’s early military sf, as well as the excitement of space opera epitomized by the many Star Wars novels. Fast-paced military action and a youthful protagonist make this a good choice for both young adult and adult fans of space wars.” - Library Journal

You can visit the author’s site
Alex J. Cavanaugh

You can buy a copy over at
Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Amazon Kindle

You can read my CassaStaR review and
my CassaFirE review which include the book trailers


TODAY I have the pleasure to present you something very special.
Author Alex J. Cavanaugh interviewed some important CassaFirE characters. Alex is as good as gold. Who else has a good rapport to the characters as the author.
For your information AJC = Alex J. Cavanaugh


The Hlerre Festival is in full swing as I move toward the table. Byron, Athee, and Mevine are already seated and watch my approach. A glass of wine awaits me, which is good. I’ll need it for this interview…

AJC - All right, fire away!

Mevine - I’m glad that (hic) you wrote a female character for Byron, but… what about my needs?

AJC - Well, writing one female character was difficult enough. Besides, I don’t think you’re ready for a girlfriend.

Mevine - (hic) Oh, I’m ready.

Byron - No, if you were a pilot, your love life would be the equivalent of a horrible training accident.

Athee - Be nice! Mevine, I’m sure it will happen one day soon.

AJC - Maybe in the next book.

Mevine - Well, until then (hic) I’ll just have another drink!

Byron - Speaking of female characters, why did you have to make this one so stubborn?

Athee - I am not!

AJC - She had to be headstrong to deal with your demeanor.

Byron - So, you’re saying she wouldn’t othewise be strong enough to handle me?

Athee - Actually, he’s saying you’re more stubborn and difficult than I am.

Mevine - I don’t think you’re difficult…

Athee - Mevine, drink your wine. Alex, why did you have to make Bryon so challenging? Do you realize how long it took to get through to him?

AJC - You should’ve seen him in the first book.

Athee - He was worse?

Byron - I’m right here, you know.

Mevine - (hic) I wasn’t even in the first book…

Byron - Just drink your wine! It wasn’t so much difficult. I just had issues with authority.

Athee - And now?

Byron - I’ve learned to ponder what I’m about to say and then not say most of it. Right, Alex?

AJC - Yeah, you’ve grown a lot since the first book.

Athee - Then I’m glad I didn’t meet you until now.

Byron - You still would’ve fallen for my charming personality.

Athee - Is that a fact? Well, Mr. Charming, you owe me a dance.

Byron - Well, if I have to. Mevine, watch our drinks.

They depart, and I feel a sense of relief. That wasn’t so bad. Mevine taps my shoulder.

Mevine - Do I get a girlfriend in the next book?

AJC - Mevine, just drink your wine.

Again thank you for this great interview. It seems Melvin should learn to be more careful with drinking wine. We all have been young and made our experience with alcohol.
I'm no clairvoyant but when I read between the lines I got the impression that we can hope for a third Cassa book


After the interview there are only two things left before we start to rock the house.

Watch the excellent CassaFirE book trailer which takes you just 69 seconds:



FINALLY ...

you can win this awesome price package from Alex J. Cavanaugh's publisher Dancing Lemur Press:
To be entered to win is quite easy.
Just visit
Alex J. Cavanaugh during the two-week/ten stops blog tour and leave a comment.


AND NOW ENJOY THE

Catch Fire! Blog Party

103 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

A wonderful post to a most deserving person...Alex and his book. Loved the interview between Alex and characters of his books.

Yvonne.

Old Kitty said...

Hello Mevin, Athee and lovely Byron!! Athee - you go girl and ignore all else! LOL! Byron - you're so cute when you're grumpy!
Mevin - pass us some wine too please, thank you!

Yay for AJC! Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Edi, thank you again for the honor of invading your blog on CassaFire's release day!

ediFanoB said...

Welcome
Yvone, Kitty and Alex.

I hope we will have a great time today.
I will join the party after work around 10 am EST.

I use my lunchtime for this comment.

Brinda said...

Have a great release party, Alex!

Rek said...

Enjoyed this conversation...poor Mevine stuck between two strong headed MCs.

RaveAir said...

Alex J. Cavanaugh: But be careful! Don't drink to much... ;)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Such a fun interview. Congrats Alex! Hope your release goes well.

Ciara said...

Hi, Byron. Missed you for awhile. Nice to meet you, Mevin and Athee. I look forward to reading your stories.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Rek, yes he is!

Rave Air, promise I won't drink myself under the table.

Thanks everyone!

Laura said...

great interview! I'm already loving Athee!
Laura x

PS- this took me three attempts... man the new catchpa codes are impossible!

Rusty Webb said...

Very funny. Poor Mevine, he's looks like a third wheel.

Amy said...

Love the voice of your characters Alex - Athee and Byron sound like they're be an exiting read together! Congrats! :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Excellent post. I felt like I was at the coffee shop watching this conversation. Cannot wait to read your stories, Mevin and Athee. *waving*

Journaling Woman said...

Congratulations, the day is here. Love this interview. I'm hoping CassaFire sells like wild fire.

Teresa

Susan Roebuck said...

An interview with the characters! What a good idea. I'm so glad Athee's here to put Byron through his paces - looking forward to reading about that (and I bet she does give him the run-around LOL)

Tina said...

Thanks for supporting my buddy AJC! Enjoyed the interview very much. Whose clever idea was that? Glad to be your new follower. Any friend of Alex's is a friend of mine.
Tina @ Life is Good
Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

Robyn Lucas said...

Great interview! So excited for Alex and his book series. Going over to Amazon right now

Matthew MacNish said...

Hah! What fun. Excellent interview.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Laura, I think you'll really dig Athee.

Susan, she does get to him!

Tina, it was all Edi's idea.

Thanks, everyone!

Ella said...

Fun party
I enjoyed the dialogue most ; )

Cheers to Alex

miki said...

fun interview thanks you a lot and happy release party

Helen Ginger said...

Great post and I loved the interview. Will need to get the book and meet this new character!

Stephen Tremp said...

Cool interview. Only thing that could be cooler is if I win that awesome CassaFire coffee cup! good luck with the Tour.


Uh oh, I see your word verification is on. I'm on a mission to rid the world of this evil and unnecessary nuisance. Please take a moment to visit my blog and click the How To Turn Off Your Word Verification tab.

Rachel Morgan said...

Love that interview! Really entertaining :-)

Maryann Miller said...

What fun to meet these clever characters. And I'm loving this party. At my blog I'm offering some elderberry wine, but that is only for characters you might want to get rid of. I picked up a little trick when I played Martha Brewster, one of the dear old ladies in Arsenic and Old Lace. Other guests can have a nice chilled chardonnay with a bit of cheese and a grape or two.

And I agree with Laura and Steve about these captcha codes. A real pain when you have to try three or four times to get them right. Wouldn't be so bad if the second word wasn't so blurry.

ediFanoB said...

First of all I want to say thank you to Alex for taking care on all the visitors so far.
I live in Germany which means a time difference of 6 hours regarding EST.
I came home from work a couple of minutes ago.
So pleasy give me a couple of minutes to answer each of you individually.

I hope, CassaFirE will be a hell of success for Alex.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome to the party Brinda.

Hope you found some interesting pieces.
Don't forget to visit Alex J. Cavanaugh and leave a comment over there. It will give you the opportunity to win the aesome package I showed you in my post.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Rek!

Mevin is young. I'm sure he will develop his personality with the help of Byron and Athee.

ediFanoB said...

Hello RaveAir,
great to see you.
I have been impressed by your contribution to the blog party over at your blog

I hope everony will read this comment and visit your blog

In case you can't read RaveAir's blog, let me tell you it is written in Hungarian language!

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Nathalie Aguirre.

Glad you like the interview.
Have a great day.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Ciara!

I promise you an excellent read. You will like Athee and Mevin

ediFanoB said...

Nice to meet you Laura.

Read CassaFirE and you will love Athee more.

To be honest. My wife and I hate this new captcha code because we we can't read it most of the time.
Even I have to enter the code on my own blog. Sometimes I press ten times in order to get I code I can identify.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Rusty Webb.

Mevin is a bit more than just the third wheel. I can't tell you more without spoiler.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Helen, hope you enjoy it!

Maryann, I'll be right over.

Thanks again, Edi - this is a blast!

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Edi and Alex.
An excellent interview Alex. You captured your characters personalities in such a short space.

Oh, I haven't forgotten you three. There is life between the pages.
Nancy

Nancy Thompson said...

Alex is EVERYWHERE today! I'm thrilled for him & excited to read his books. I hope Powell's carries them. Thanks for the interesting interview, Edi. I'm a new follower now.

Jen Chandler said...

Hi guys!

This interview was great! I'd join in the drinking, but I just finished breakfast (lame, I know...)

Cheers to Alex!! And Edi, thanks for an awesome interview :D

Jen

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Amy.

You like the characters. Then you will definitely like the book.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Robyn Campbell.

Even this short interview shows the talent of Alex.
Can ther be a better ad than this interview?

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Teresa.

The interview is like a delicous appetizer.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Susan Roebuck.

Sometimes it is necessary to do something unusual.
Alex did a great job with the interview.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Tina.

Thanks for following my blog. Surprise, surprise, you have a new follower too :-)

I think it does not matter what idea it is. With Alex as executor one cannot fail.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Robyn Lucas.

Alex' books are much more then pure science fiction.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Matthew MacNish.

Alex definitely know how to conduct an interview.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Ella.

The interview is the "heart" of the post.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome miki.

You should know that the Hlerre Festival is part of the story.
I'm not really sure if I met Alex over there. The wine was too tasty ...

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Helen Ginger.

The interview is really invitating.
Go, get the book. You will not regret.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Rachel Morgan.

The interview is a barnburner!

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Maryann Miller.

After reading your post I feel a bit guilty. What kind of host I am?
I did not offer drinks and food!

I think I have been so fascinated by the interview that I forgot everything else.

I hope you will forgive me and I hope I do not have to drink some elderberry wine as punishment.


I full agree with your opinion about word verification. In the meantime I followed the instructions offered by Stephen Tremp and turned it off.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome N. R. Williams.

It is a pleasure to be the host for such an excellent author.

Siv Maria said...

Great job, very amusing! Just off now to get my copy of the book :)

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Nancy Thompson.

It is true. Wherever I go, I find a CassaFirE post !

Nancy, you have a new follower too. I'm your 299th follower!!

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Jen Chandler.

Today the blogosphere belongs to Alex.

Glad you like the interview.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Siv Maria.

That is hoiw it should be.
Enjoy reading CassaFirE.

Bob Sanchez said...

Hope you sell a million, Alex!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nancy, that's good to know!

Nancy, thank you so much for getting my book.

(Two Nancys in a row - what are the odds?)

Thanks, Siv!

Bob, I'm trying.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Bob Sanchez.

Thanks for stopping by.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Thanks Ciara for a great interview. I just bought it today from Amazon and can't wait to start reading. Yvonne's book is on the way. A great month! Good luck Alex, you are a great friend.
dreamweaver

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Debra Harris-Johnson.

I hope you will like CassaFirE as much as I did.

M Pax said...

Nice to learn something new about Athee.

Jai Joshi said...

Really funny interview! What writer wouldn't want to do an interview with his characters? Great idea.

Jai

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome M Pax.

I can assure you that Athee is not an average woman...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Debra, thank you for ordering it!

Jai, I had fun writing it.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Jai Joshi

I love the idea and especially the execution.

Maybe authors should talk with their characters from time to time ...

Carrie Butler said...

Hah! That interview was too fun. :)

D.G. Hudson said...

Dropping by from the CassaFire Blog Party to say hi.

Nice interview with Alex and his cohorts. I do like that idea of character interviews as a way of introducing a book's characters to the reading public.

I like lighthouses, too!

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Blogger Carrie Butler.

A release day needs something special and Alex did a wonderful job with this interview.

Kara said...

Great post, I so enjoyed the character interview!!! Congrats on the release party, looking forward to reading this book :)
Blessings, Kara

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome D.G. Hudson.

Thanks for stopping by.

I think to interview characters of a book is a great opportunity to giv potential readers a different approach to a book.

And I must say that Alex did a great job in this case.

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Kara.

After reading all the comments so far I must say that it has been a wise decision to post this interview.

Nearly everyone likes it.

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! Loved the interaction during the interview between Alex and the characters. :D

ediFanoB said...

A warm welcome Cherie Reich.

Welcome to the club of interview lovers :-)
It is an amazing piece of work.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks, everyone - glad you liked the interview. It was fun to write!

Sarah Pearson said...

This was so much fun. I'm looking forward to getting to know these people better :-)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wow, that interview left me wanting a glass of wine. Go, Alex and go, Cassafire.

Morgan Mandel said...

Congratulations on your new book, Alex! And your host has a beautiful blog, by the way.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Heehee. That was a great interview!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Susan care to join Mevine then?

Morgan, Edi's blog is awesome.

Edi thanks again - wow!

Dani said...

Go, Alex! I hope you sell lots of books on your tour. :)

Catherine Stine said...

Crazy cool trailer!!!

Rosalie Skinner said...

Congratulations!! Great interview and trailer. Hope your books never go out of print Alex.

Angela M. said...

OMG, this was fun and hilarious! I love getting such a great picture of the personalities. Alex, do you ever envision particular celebrities who'd play their roles in a movie? When I read CassaStar, I always saw Bassa as Michael Ironside. Can't figure out why that image got stuck in my head...

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Sarah Pearson.

I think this kind of interview gives the author a lot of opportunities and the reader information which thy normally do not get.

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Susan Gourley/Kelley.

This interview is far better than any ad for drinks ...

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Morgan Mandel.

And of course thank you for your kind words.

ediFanoB said...

Thank you for stopping by Angie.

It seems the interview hit the bull's eye!

C.M.Brown said...

Great post! So much love???? It was funny and entertaining. Seems like CassaFirE is going to be an amusing read!

ediFanoB said...

Thank you for stopping by Dani.

The whole Ninja Armee hope that Alex will sell millions of copies because then we can be sure to get one more book by Alex :-)

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Catherine Stine.

Second book, second traile and both are awesome. Alex is a lucky guy.

ediFanoB said...

Dear Rosalie thanks for stopping by.

CassaFirE deserve this trailer and that interview.

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Angela M.

Great to read that you enjoyed the interview.

A Cassa movie ... nice idea. Do you know more about Alex's plans for future?

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by C.M.Brown

Yes! so much love.
Alex is a talented writer AND a blogger who really takes care on his readership.

Tyrean Martinson said...

That was fun!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Dani, I'm going!

Catherine, glad you liked the trailer.

CM, this one has a bit more humor to it.

Thanks again, Edi - this was a blast!

Donna Hole said...

I think I'm going to love Mevine :)

.......dhole

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Tyrean Martinson.

Glad you enjoyed the post.

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Donna Hole.


Mevin is a nice one. And I'm sure he will learn soon how to cope wioth alcohol ...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Donna, I really liked Mevine's character and hope others like him as well.

Damyanti said...

Love the interview. Go Alex!




---Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

ediFanoB said...

Thanks for stopping by Damyanti.

When you read all the comments then you will recognise that you are not the only who liked the interview. So welcome to the club :-)

Melissa Bradley said...

This was a terrific character interview. Poor Mevine, ah well perhaps he can crashland in a vineyard run by women in the next book. LOL

Captain Ninja, you have taken the characer interview to a whole new level doing three at one time and making it flow naturally. Felt lke I was right there with you all at the table.

Melissa Bradley said...

Edi, great post. You are an awesome member of the blogosphere. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...