Thursday, July 28, 2011

Edi's Lighthouse Chatter: Birthday 2011

Dear Readers,

last Saturday I celebrated my 52nd birthday. Celebrate is not the appropriate work. I preferred to spend the day together with my wife. I'm no fan of big parties. Beside some books my wife surprised me with a memory like card game and a extravagant and good smelling aftershave.

I'm no good photographer. The aftershave box is golden but looks silvery on the pictures. I like the smell which has an exotic touch.


The memory card game is a special one because there are anagram and picture on the card which makes it more difficult. It is definitely good for the brain and makes a lot of fun.


But what is a birthday without books. From the six books I hoped to get three arrived until my birthday. All books belong to series.

The Key to Creation (2011) [ISBN-13: 978-1841496610] by Kevin J. Anderson is the last book in the Terra Incognita series.
"Brave explorers and mortal enemies across the world clash at a mysterious lost continent. After long voyages, encountering hurricanes and sea monsters, Criston Vora and Saan race to Terravitae, the legendary promised land. Saan's quest is to find the Key to Creation, a weapon that may defeat Uraba's enemies, and Criston wants vengeance against the monstrous Leviathan that ruined his life long ago.
Back home, two opposing continents and religions clash for the remnants of a sacred city, unleashing their hatred in a war that could end both civilizations. Queen Anjine and Soldan-Shah Omra are driven by mutual hatred, heaping atrocity upon atrocity in an escalating conflict that only their gods can end.
Meanwhile, the secretive Saedrans. manipulating both sides, come ever closer to their ultimate goal: to complete the Map of All Things and bring about the return of God." [Source]
So far I read book one which I liked.


"Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But all three have been given a second chance – to work for an agency that no one knows exists.
Its purpose: to prevent time travel destroying history . . .

A time wave has struck that alters the entire history of the American Civil War. Abraham Lincoln has followed Liam into the present from 1831 – and now the world is in a dangerous state of limbo . . .
If the TimeRiders can’t return Lincoln to the past, the Civil War will never end. Can Maddy persuade two colonels on either side of no man’s land to cease fire long enough to save the future?" [Source]
The Eternal War (2011) [ISBN-13: 978-0141336336] by Alex Scarrow is the fourth book in the TimeRiders series. I read and reviewed all the books so far. It is a great series about time traveling. also adults can enjoy this series.


"NEW YORK CITY IS BEING PLAGUED BY A PACK OF FEROCIOUS BRASS RAPTORS...
...strange, skeletonlike creations with batlike wings that swoop out of the sky, attacking people and carrying them away into the night. The Ghost has been tracking these bizarre machines, and is close to finding their origin: a deranged military scientist who is slowly rebuilding himself as a machine." [Source]

Ghosts of Manhattan (2011) [ISBN-13: 978-01616143671] by George Mann is the second book in the Ghosts series. I have nearly finished reading. An awesome book.


Let me close this post with an announcement:

Believe it or not, I will delivery several reviews within the next weeks!! The first two reviews will cover books which are both debuts and most of you will not know them so far. Fortunately it will change with my reviews.

Enjoy Reading

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday, man! Crap, fifty is approaching for me soon. Hope we both maintain that youthful spirit.

Seak (Bryce L.) said...

Happy Birthday! You'd think I'd be able to remember it by now...especially since it's just after my son's birthday. :)

RaveAir said...

Happy birthday! / Boldog születésnapot! ;)

ediFanoB said...

Hey Alex,
I thought you were a bit younger ;-)

Anyway in case of age I follow my wife's advice:

You are as old as you feel. Which means there are days you are twenty and other days where you are 99.

ediFanoB said...

Thanks Seak!

Incredible how fast time pass.
Hope you enjoy the time with your son.

ediFanoB said...

Thanks RaveAir.
I have had a very relaxed birthday last Saturday.

Nic said...

Happy Birthday / Alles Gute zum Geburtstag (wenns auch spät kommt) / Wszystkiego Najlepszego z Okazji Urodzin !

;-)

ediFanoB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ediFanoB said...

Thank you Nic.
It is never too late to congratulate someone except it is the eve before the next birthday ;-)

Sarah (Bookworm Blues) said...

Late coming to this, but happy birthday! It looks like you had a great one. I like to celebrate in a low-key way, as well.

ediFanoB said...

Thank you very much Sarah.
Indeed I have had a great day.

Not every one likes big parties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...