Thursday, September 09, 2010

Edi's Lighthouse Ledger: SepOct 2010 details part one

Yesterday I posted my plan and my ideas and I promised to tell you more about it in detail.
Until now I have not been sure how I will do the presentation.
In the end it all depends on how many books I can read in the following eight weeks. That led me to following conclusion: First of all I should contain the books I want/need to read in order to realize my ideas.
Not all the books are part of my list of books to read until the end of 2010. And I don't show you all books.
In some cases it depends on whether I receive a review copy or not....

Don't worry, I will not post all the books at once.
Today I start with the books I promised to read and review:
The first one is the second book in the The Rising Dawn Saga series. I read and reviewed The Exodus Gate (pb 2009, 566 p.) [ISBN-13: 978-0615267470], the first book in the series.I have had some problems with the story.
BUT I promised Stephen to read an review the next book in the series: The Storm Guardians (pb 2010, 543 p.) [ISBN-13: 978-0982565636].
"Storms break out across the world and the realms beyond, as the Convergence seeks to advance its worldwide agenda, and Diabolos unleashes great powers from the depths of the Abyss.
The Fallen Avatar Beleth’s legions pour across the boundaries of Purgatarion, even as the Night Hunt is loosed once again, in the modern world. Dagian readies for a monumental unveiling of Babylon Technology’s greatest invention, a technology that holds grave implications for every living person on the face of the world.
It is a time when the Exiles in the Middle Lands, the An-Ki, and many others are falling under the shadow of the Abyss. Guardians of all forms, great and small, must rise to resist as the storm of darkness spreads. From high school students Seth, Jonathan, and Annika, to Ian, Arianna, and the others of humankind that have been drawn into the spiraling course of events, choices with dangerous consequences have to be made.
An epic tale of resolve and heroism, The Storm Guardians takes the reader farther and deeper into the Rising Dawn Saga."
I can assure you, that there will be definitely a consecutive post which will be a debut for me....

I talked about the second book in issue #29 of Edi's Weekend Wave. Watch the awesome book trailer:

I look forward to read and review CassaStaR (October 19th,2010) [ISBN-13: 978-0981621067] by Alex J. Cavanaugh. It is science fiction and a debut at the same time.

Following two books I will read on my laptop because I received PDF copies from the authors.

Bringing Forth The End Of Days (2009) [ISBN-13: 9781608602032] by debut author Simon Law. It is part sci-fi thriller, horror story, mystery and suspense novel all tied into one.
"A mysterious green gas released upon the world causes the earth's entire plant life to slowly wilt over and die. Oxygen levels drop to dangerously low readings bringing forth the birth of strange new technologies and surgical procedures to combat against the effects of the poison air. Flash forward ten years to the story of a group of survivors as they struggle to find salvation in the desolate world. With oxygen now completely non-existent in the air, their existence relies upon a strange machine to provide them with the clean air they need. After years of isolation, they encounter what appear to be other humans outside in the oxygen-deprived atmosphere. Uniting with their new friends and now hopeful, they embark on a mission to find more survivors. But the path ahead holds many dangers and one person in the group has been hiding a dark secret from them."
I promised to read and review the book in August 2010 but I failed. But a promise is a promise and therefore I will read and review it soon....


Zero Gravity: Adventures in Deep Space (2010) [ISBN-13: 978-1617060007] edited by Alva J Roberts is a new science fiction anthology from small publisher Pill Hill Press.
"This short story collection features thirteen fantastic adventures set in the cold vacuum of space. Read about rogues, scoundrels, aliens, robots, heroes, junkers and priests as you explore the rich and creative diversity of the following stories:

Junker's Fancy By Rosemary Jones, Leech Run By Scott W. Baker, A Space Romance By Paul A. Freeman, Hawking's Caution By Mark Rivett, Parhelion By David Schembri, To Stand Among Kings By Kenneth Mark Hoover, The Unicorn Tree By Alethea Kontis, The Beacon of Hope By Gregory L Norris, Tangwen's Last Heist By C.B. Calsing, The Stand-Ins By Gef Fox, Glacier Castle By Will Morton, Rescue By Margaret Karmazin, At One Stride Comes the Dark By Murray Leeder." [Source]
Some reasons why I want to read this book: I can't remember when I read a science fiction anthology for the last time. A lot of authors I don't know. It is from a small publisher ...



That's it for today. NO! WAIT! While writing this post I listened to a song published in 1970. I heard it for the first time in 1974. I still like it a lot. And the wonderful thing is that I can share it with you. I'm pretty sure not everyone will like it....


ENJOY READING

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for posting the trailer!

ediFanoB said...

Alex,

great trailers must be posted again and again!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, I support that idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...