Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Edi's Lighthouse Ledger: SepOct 2010 Mission (Im)possible

Dear Readers,
on last Sunday I have been to the gym where I spent an hour on the treadmill. A great opportunity to think about my blog, recent posts and the future.

Don't be afraid. I don't herald the end of the blog. Quite the contrary. Enough with all the lamentation in the past on my Weekend Waves!!

FACTS
My time is limited.
I want and need to read more books.
I can't post seven days a week but I would like to post more than twice per week.


PLAN
Yes, I made a plan for September and October 2010. That means from September 11th to October 31st which is in sum eight weeks.

By default there will be still two posts per week:
Weekend Wave on Saturday
Review on Sunday.

Beside that I will do something which is new to me.
- Reviews combined with a consecutive post which can be an interview or additional information
- Reviews of complete series (e.g. three books mean three consecutive reviews)
- Post series about my GOODREADS bookshelves and me
- Post series about me and my bookmarks
- Post series about blogs I follow

That will lead the blog in a slightly other direction. No more hunt for the latest news which means more time for reading. I think there are a several great blogs who deliver the latest news in the world of books. I have the vision of an island in our fast living time.....

Within the next days I will present you my projects in detail which will show you what to expect.
And beginning of November I will draw my conclusions.....

Enjoy reading

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, I think that sounds great!! I can't wait to see how it all goes for you and your blog.

Seak (Bryce L.) said...

Good ideas, I'm excited to see how this goes.

ediFanoB said...

Sarah,

thank you. So far I did the first step:
I made a plan with good ideas.
Now the most difficult step is ahead: Let the plan come true...

ediFanoB said...

Seek,

I'm as excited as you. I'm still afraid it is a bit too ambitious....

Seak (Bryce L.) said...

If anyone can do it, it's you. Seriously, you're on the ball.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...