Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Edi's Lighthouse Chatter: I'm back

Dear readers,

finally all technical problems have been solved and therefore I'm back.

Now I try to resume "normal business" as soon as possible. Only three working days left until my holiday.
A lot of things to be done in an office with no air condition. Today only 30 ºC = 86 ºF.
Tomorrow we expect 36 ºC = 96.8 ºF.

I expect to finish and post the review of Blood Royal (2010, 320 p.) [ISBN-13: 978-1907519376] by Jonathan Green either on upcoming Friday or next Monday.

Enjoy reading ....

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're back!

And 96.8 degrees? Welcome to my world every summer.

ediFanoB said...

Alex,

this is definitely not an average German summer. We are not used to these temperatures.

And like a lot of other people these temperatures make me tired and aggressive.

SARAH said...

I was in Germany (and a few other places) a few years ago during the summer and it got hotter than holy hell. I seem to remember (I may be wrong) but it seemed like a lot of the buildings weren't set up to handle that kind of heat. It seemed like a lot of them had air conditioners, but they weren't able to really crank out the cold air. Maybe I just felt that way because I was outside, walking around in it constantly so when I got inside, nothing was cool enough....

Regardless, 98 degrees sucks, no matter where you are. My thoughts go out to you. Make some ice cubes, put them in a bag and liberally place them around your body (haha).

I'm glad you're back online. :)

ediFanoB said...

Hi Sarah,

you're right. There are not so many buildings with air condition.
I share my office with eight other colleagues and a lot of PCs. And we sweat a lot during summer without air condition.

Thank you for your advice. I found out for myself that an ice bag placed on top of my head cools best. The only thing I don't like is the melting and dripping water.

Today is my last working day before holiday and I look forward to post a bit more regularly.

Have a nice weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...