Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Edi's Lighthouse Chatter: Books? Books!

There are some advantages when you can stay a day at home. Today I spent time for reading, to think about my reading plans, TV, Google Reader and spent two hours at the gym. That is the reason why you neither got a review nor an other post on Tuesday.

Don't worry I will not bother you with boring details of my life.

I read a lot of Google Reader entries and I also have had a look at twitter.
And suddenly I felt lost. Lost is not the right word. It s more like:
I have been afraid to suffocate at the bottom of an endless tweets and posts waterfall. Information overflow.

That was scary. And lead me to the question: What am I doing with my blog? And the past month passed before my inner eye.

I must admit it was/is an up and down. Sometimes four consecutive posts. Then only a weekend post. Postponed reviews. All in all there was not much continuity. It always ends with the question: Shall I continue with the blog?
As long as someone visits my blog and reads posts I will continue.

I have a first draft of what I would like to do in future.

Today I would like to give you a rough overview of what I expect to read until end of 2010.
This year I want to read six books per month. That would mean 42 books by end of July.
So far I have read 32. I'm sure I will not read ten books in the remaining days. But I'm sure I will reach 72 books by end of 2010.

My current TBR pile consists of 28 books which you can see on following three pictures -of course I own a lot more unread books.

PART I

Upper row: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson, Pattern by K. J. Parker, Shadow by K. J. Parker, Memory by K. J. Parker, The Proof House by K. J. Parker, The Belly of the Bow by K. J. Parker,
Lower row: A Magic of Nightfall by S. L. Farrell, A Magic of Twilight by S. L. Farrell, The King's Bastard by Rowena Corey Daniells, Grand Central Arena by Ryk E. Spoor, The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons, Hyperion by Dan Simmons


PART II
Upper row: The Company by K. J. Parker, The Folding Knife by K. J. Parker, Yellow Blue Tibia by Adam Roberts, Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Lower row: The Edge of the World by Kevin J. Anderson, The Map of all Things by Kevin J. Anderson, The Secrets of the Lazarus Club by Tony Pollard, Breaking Point by John Macken


PART III
The last part of my TBR pile contains some doorstoppers.
Upper row: Black Hills by Dan Simmons, Orphaned Worlds by Michael Cobley, The Storm Guardians by Stephen Zimmer, The Dream of Perpetual Motion by Dexter Palmer
Lower Row: Under the Dome by Stephen King, The Machinery of Light by David J. Williams, CassaStaR by Alex J. Cvanaugh (debut novel, review copy, review promised), Kraken by China Miéville

All in all an interesting mix. Seven books by K. J. Parker, three books by Dan Simmons, two books by S. L. Farrell, two books by Kevin J. Anderson

NEXT READS
And these are the five books I want to read and review next: The Dream of Perpetual Motion by Dexter Palmer (current read), The Edge of the World by Kevin J. Anderson (current read), The King's Bastard by Rowena Corey Daniells, The Company by K. J. Parker, The Storm Guardians by Stephen Zimmer (review promised),

32 Books read plus 28 on TBR are in sum 60. Which will be the remaining 12 books? That depends on the delivery of books ordered in advance and which review copies I will get.

Anyway I hope to review as many of the books as possible. That means I will focus on reviews.

Enjoy Reading

2 comments:

SARAH said...

I love your blog. You can't stop blogging. The internet would have a gigantic hole where your blog should be. As for your TBR pile, there are a LOT of those books I'm anxiously awaiting to read your reviews on. In fact, seeing your TBR pile just got me incredibly excited....

Yes, yes I am a big, huge nerd. :)

ediFanoB said...

Hi Sarah,

thank you for your kind words. I feel flattered.

Hopefully you mentioned that I wrote:
"As long as someone visits my blog and reads posts I will continue."

To be honest I would love to read and review more but I have to accept that there are limits.

So I try to make the most of my limited time. My new target is to develop the blog as a small island with interesting stuff in our fast living world.

Sarah, take care, have good day and
ENJOY READING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...