Friday, April 02, 2010

Welcome to Edi's Book Lighthouse

Dear Friends and Readers,

maybe you read my Farewell post over at Only The Best Sci-Fi Fantasy.
In case you neither know me nor the mentioned blog, let me tell you that I contributed Only The Best Sci-Fi Fantasy with reviews and an weekly roundup for around ten months.
By end of March 2010 I left the blog. I did not leave in anger. I can tell you it was no imprudent decision.
After my decision I have had a long discussion with my wife about how to continue in the book blogosphere. We balanced several options.
And today I proudly present you the result: My first own blog!
An own blog .... since I entered the world of blogs two years ago I always told people that I don't have time for an own blog. Of course I still don't have more time but now the time has come to do it.

So what can you expect?

From a more formal point of view:
- Edi's Weekend Wave = a weekly roundup
- Edi's Spotlight = review
- Edi's Lighthouse Talk = interview
- Edi's Lighthouse Chatter = rumors, announcements, discussions, worth to mention
- Edi's Lighthouse Cellar = shelf discoveries
- Edi's Lighthouse Ledger = Books read, Books to read, .....
- Edi's Lighthouse Pantry = Giveaway
And more to come.....

Content wise:
I'm German (drafts, schedules,details), I share my my mind with four other personalities, I "survived" half a century, sometimes meshuga but not grumpy and I snore when I sleep, I love quotes and cheese cake, I hate to be late.
Conclusion: Quirky posts

For more information please checkout the content of the column on the right which gives you an overview about the blog itself as well as about current and upcoming activities.

Of course the result is far from being perfect. Did you ever try to change a template layout without any CSS knowledge?
But I wanted to start now and not on Christmas.
Any comment is most welcome.

And before they drive me crazy I will deliver a message from Bona, Fide, Bona Fide and the keeper of the minutes:
"Welcome, welcome, we will appear more often as ediFanoB think. We are a the veritable masterminds behind this blog. Without us ediFanoB is a mental beggar. And he is insane totally insane [Four personalities start to roar with laughter]"
I'm sorry a diabolic laughter is reverberating in my skull. I can't continue. Enjoy reading........

Pssssst! I'm the keeper of the minutes, if you want to know more about the blog then check content on the right.
Don't worry I have something new for you.

We posted often about The David Gemmell Legend Award over at Only The Best Sci-Fi Fantasy.

Yesterday (Sunday) the DGLA 2010 Shortlists have been announced. I must admit I have been partially surprised. I'm sure ediFanoB will you tell more about it soon. Now watch the following video:


And don't forget to come back tomorrow and the day after and ...............



28 comments:

ediFanoB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inara said...

Congratulations to your new blog! I´m looking forward to your posts!
Hugs
Inara

Tyson said...

Congrats on the blog. Looks very promising I will be looking in on it often. I will add it to the blog roll. Best of luck.

Val said...

Hehe, you're saying pretty much what I thought when I was considering starting a blog of my own. I guess it's manageable, barely. Depending on what you're goals and expectations are.

I'll be following this blog with great interest. Good luck ;)

Val

ediFanoB said...

@Inara,
thank you so much for your kind words. I will do my best to write interesting posts.

ediFanoB said...

@Tyson,
thanks for the kind owrds. I still have to work and some layout aspects.
Thank you for adding me to your blog roll.

ediFanoB said...

@Val,
I never expected that I needed CSS knowledge when using a template.

My goal? To post about books I like and about interesting things related to books, movies, blogs and...

Next step will be to work on my google reader. After one week absence more than 1000 undread items.

Need to visit your blog soon. Saw some reviews I'm interested in.

TK42ONE said...

Looks like I get to subscribe to yet another blog to keep me busy. Best of luck!

Dave-Brendon de Burgh said...

A huge congrats to you! :-) I'm very chuffed indeed that you've created your own corner on the web. :-) Looking forward to everything you'll share! :-)

ediFanoB said...

@TK42ONE,

thank you! Will do my best. Now I need to find a balance between reading books, writing posts and visiting other blogs...

ediFanoB said...

@Dave-Brendon,

thanks for the kind words. It was a long way to go. The older I get the busier I am ;)

Krista said...

YAY! Congrats! It's okay if you don't post everyday not everyone does, but I will totally be interested in what you do write and your many personalities! LOL! :)

Your blog is looking really good, too. I hope you enjoy your own space in the blog world.

Loved all those covers in that video, by the way, awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Happy Easter to you!!

ediFanoB said...

@Krista,

thank you so much for your kind words.
I think it is good when you have one or two regularly post dates and the rest depends on topics and times.
My list of Next Posts contains akind of post forecast.

Be sure you will "hear" more about my different personalities in future...

HAPPY EASTER!

Shellie (Layers of Thought) said...

Welcome! Its about time. :)

ediFanoB said...

@Shellie,
thanks for the kind words. I'm exhausted and happy at the same time. And I'm chuffed at the positive feedback.

Kat Hooper said...

Lots of work ahead!
Best wishes!!
~Kat for FanLit

ediFanoB said...

@Kat,

true words!

Time will tell
wether it will be heaven
or will it be hell....

Grasping for the Wind said...

Congrats Edi! Looking forward to reading your posts!

ediFanoB said...

@Grasping for the Wind,

thank you! As you can imagine I started to work on the next posts.
However, there is a obviously a difference between a contributor and a blog owner. I have to grow into it.

sgzimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sgzimmer said...

Congrats on the new blog, sir! I am looking forward to seeing it grow and expand! You are fair-minded in your approach, and that is something all authors appreciate.

take care,

Stephen

Hagelrat said...

you're doomed you know? The obsession only gets worse when you strike out on your own. :)

ediFanoB said...

@Stephen,

thanks for the compliments. Will reply your mail soon. Now with my own blog I have some more possibilities....

Take care,

ediFanoB

ediFanoB said...

@Hagelrat,

I maybe doomed but I hope my blog will last longer than the last journey of the Titanic.

But I heard that doomed people stick together :)

Simcha said...

Congratulations on you're new blog! It looks great and I look forward to reading all the great content.

ediFanoB said...

@Simcha,

thank you for the kind words. Next two posts are scheduled. First review will be posted on Friday: NOT LESS THAN GODS by Kage Baker.

I like your blog too. Within the next days I have to work on my google reader. More than 1000 unread items which is the result of one week!

Dave said...

Herzlichen Gluckwünsche zum neuen Blog! Looks good so far... I guess the weekly roundup will continue here ;-)

ediFanoB said...

@Dave,

vielen Dank!
Thank you!
Of course I will continue with a kind of weekly roundup.

The new one is called
Edi's Weekend Wave and will be posted on Saturday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...